Monday, December 21, 2009

I used to have a memory

Pre-baby I had a memory. And I thought I had a good one. For instance, I could juggle a hectic day filled with phone calls, to-dos, and deadlines and not miss a task and then rock out in my band with over 30 memorized songs. Now, post-baby, my memory has gone to the dogs.

I didn't really notice it for awhile. I thought the arguments with my husband over who said what and who did this and that "remember?" were reminiscent of the same ones we've had year after year after year. It only came to my awareness recently when I joined the band again.

I mean it's one thing when you ask the guitarist "how does this song start again?" But it's another when you have to ask prior to EVERY single song. I have now realized that I have to result to my drummer back-up plan of using notes. I use notes all day long with my graphic/web design/illustration business. In fact, my husband even linked my iCalendar with my cell phone with notes from my email so I can't loose them (no more excuses). So I think the song notes will help. The only issue is that drummers rarely write music notation so now I have to remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I love learning from others and hearing new views, please observe my right to express my opinions without any hatred or overly negative responses (I'm a sensitive Mommy). I work best with constructive criticism and loving remarks. :)